So, I'm really thankful for my family! I was so blessed by the time we shared together last night. Lots of delicious food, Grandpa's jokes and stories (he shared most of his repertoire), Aunt Sally's laugh, coffee with my Uncle Anthony & Marie, lots of hugs (a given at family gatherings), my cute little cousin Ava, admonitions to be careful from my Papu, amazing grandparents, unexpected gifts, overwhelming encouragement from aunts, uncles, and cousins. Even though everyone wasn't able to come, it was great to see most of them. I know that everyone that wasn't able to come would have like to be there... I guess that's why email is a wonderful thing! It was just a sweet night. I'm blessed with a pretty amazing family! [There's so much more that could be said... but I'm not exactly sure how to express it all...]
I've also been realizing that this is a pretty major time of transition for the rest of my family. Emma just started middle school and cross country. Caleb is now in high school, taking algebra 2 honors, and playing Penn football. Josh is a junior - driving to school and playing bass for chamber choir. Zac just got back from Catalina Island Camp on Wednesday and is leaving for Purdue today. I'm leaving for South Korea tomorrow morning. My mom starts her new job next Tuesday (she would start on Monday, but it's Labor Day and she gets holidays off with her new job!!!). Both my mom and my dad are trying to find a new van because our other one is about finished. Lots of change, I think.
Amidst all the changes, I am so thankful that the Lord remains constant and faithful. He continues to overwhelm me with His great faithfulness.
I've also been amazed by the peace I've had through this whole process. Although there have been a couple of moments of panic over the past couple of weeks, I've really been overwhelmed with peace throughout most of it, especially this past week. I realized yesterday that it's probably because so many people are praying for me. So... thanks for your prayers, you amazing people!
1 comment:
Holly,
I'm definitely praying for you, and will be tomorrow as you head out on your flight for South Korea!
Love you!
Post a Comment