Definitely had an amazing weekend. It began Friday evening with getting to be a hostess in my little apartment. Sara and I prepared spaghetti with chicken and broccoli... garlic bread... and white chocolate pudding for our friends Janis, Zane, and David. It was such a fun evening with great friends and fellowship. I felt like my Mom when I was preparing... simply delightful. Here is a picture of the cuisine (with my peace lily in the background next to my computer):

I didn't get a picture of the group, but I think a couple of other people did, so hopefully I'll get to post it at some point in the near future.
Fall Foliage
Saturday afternoon, I met up with Josie, Taryn, Janis, Sara, and Cassi for a day of celebrating autumn - complete with fall foliage and apple pie! We took lots of fun pictures at Walker Hill and Olympic Park.

Another view of the city.

Taryn, Sara, Josie, Janis, and Cassi.


I LOVE these kind of pictures... with lovely little paths and trees arching over the top. Ahh... gorgeous!


Olympic Park - World Peace Gate Entrance... you can't really see it in the picture, but there's tons of flags in the background representing the nations!

The lovely Ginkgo leaves path... so fun!



Don't we look like little kids?


I like this pic...


Josie and Janis

Josie retrieved some big leaves for me to add to my little collection. I'm so thankful that there are tall people in the world...
Apple Pie!!!

We've been craving apple pie and we finally decided to try to make it! Sara invited us over to her place and we had SUCH an adventure - so fun! Cassi and I started the process with cutting and peeling the apples.

Working on the pie crust... do you know how challenging it is to bake without measuring cups? We had some containers marked with measurements - but in the metric system only... which didn't help us a whole lot. So, we did a lot of guess work... which was accompanied by lots of laughter.

Like Sara's rolling pin/purple cup? It's amazing how creative people can get when the proper tools are unavailable...

Almost ready for the oven... although we probably should have been more generous with the sugar and cinnamon...

Sara's pie covering... just like her mama always does. She was so proud! (I was sort of missing the "Love Ya's" with a heart that my Mom always puts on her pies... so Sara added a tiny heart in the corner, but you can't see it in this picture.)

Sara's Happy Apple Pie Dance

The finished product - not bad for a toaster oven! We of course put ice cream on top and fully enjoyed our apple pie experience... and are looking forward to more cooking adventures in the future. It was definitely a great bonding experience. :) Josie posted lots more pictures on Facebook... basically a play by play, I think.
Anyway, I love AUTUMN... and Saturday was a marvelous way to celebrate my favorite season. Simply delightful...
1 comment:
I had to bake without measuring tools and pie plates and such when I was in Russia. It is rather an adventure, isn't it :-) Lots of fun . . .
Post a Comment