This is exams week again... only for the 3rd (9th) graders. So, that means that I'm only teaching 8 classes this week... and I don't have school on Thursday... and only one student showed up for my after-school class today. I gave him 2 tootsie pops for his faithful attendance and then we played English games on the computer.
Some of my 1st graders still don't seem to get the idea of listening while I am talking, though... so I am learning to be more firm with them. I'm starting to assign homework to classes that seem to think it's more important to chat with one another rather than listen to their teacher during class. (I think that's one of my biggest pet peeves as a teacher.) Today, when it was time to collect the homework from my 1-6 class (from their chattiness last week), about 10 of them didn't turn it in. I made them stay after school until it was finished. I also assigned the entire class more homework - writing their vocab words 20 times each - because they didn't listen very well again. I also assured them that I would be speaking with their homeroom teacher (something that usually puts a little fear in Korean students). So... we'll see how that works. I'm learning... and trying new things. Yeah, definitely learning a lot!
Anyway... after school, Alice and I had a lovely dinner together at a cheap galbi restaurant. Then, we went to get my first haircut in Seoul! I must say, I'm quite pleased with the results... I was a little nervous with how long it seemed that she kept chopping, but it is exactly what I wanted! Alice takes such good care of me... I like that girl!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness. How in the world can you tell us about a new haircut and not post pictues!?! How in the world am I going to be able to sleep tonight?! :) :) Can't wait to see it. And I sure like you a lot and I love reading your blogs.
Post a Comment