Friday, November 28, 2008

OEM Thanksgiving

On Sunday after church (at OEM), we headed to the US military base for some real turkey and pumpkin pie!


This was our table... so festive!


Zane, Janis, me, and Sara... Good times, good times.

(I think us girls were excited to get dressed up... but I must admit, it's definitely more fun to get dressed up together, instead of alone in a quiet apartment. It really is half the fun - getting ready together! I found myself reminiscing my college days with my dear Jana Alexis, queen of fashion and up-do's.)


Sara, Hanna, and me (Hanna is our Finnish friend!)


My plate: real turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, salad, mixed veggies, cranberry sauce, and mostoccoli (YES, they actually had mostaccoli!!!). I wasn't able to finish it all....


Had to save some room for dessert: Fruit salad that reminded me of mom's taffy apple salad, jello, pumpkin pie, and some oreo cheesecake stuff. I didn't do a very good job making my plate look photogenic... I was too eager to eat it!

As you can imagine, I was feeling like I gained 5 pounds after such a meal... probably better try to visit the fitness center a little more often!

It was a delightful feast. Although, I must admit... it was a little quiet for Thanksgiving. The atmosphere was definitely great - with soft music playing in the background, a beautiful table, delicious food, pleasant dinner conversations... but it was a little too quiet. At home, with my lovely Italian family... well, it's definitely NOT quiet. I found myself missing the chaotic scurrying around, loud teasing, and even louder laughter...

I am SOOO thankful for the time we had Sunday night. I guess it's just good to be reminded that my family is definitely irreplaceable...

No comments: