Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Loving Cheongryang Teachers!!!

So I'm a little behind with blog posts again...

Friday night was so refreshing! I was invited to go out to dinner with five other teachers at my school. None of them are English teachers, but we didn't have much trouble communicating at all. They translated a ton for me too, which was SO helpful and very much appreciated!!! I know most of them through our English Bible study - which is sweet. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to connect with them!


Pictured above: Kim Jin-Ah, me, Jeong Hye-Jin, Jang Myung-sun, Kang Bo-gil, and Kim Bong-hee.

They treated me to the Outback Steakhouse (this was my SECOND time there this year already... I'm not sure if I've EVER eaten at the Outback in the US... lol!). It was good stuff. All of us are young and single... and unashamedly like to eat...

So, we ate a lot...

Talked a lot...

And laughed a lot...

It was marvelous.

I can't even describe how much I enjoyed it.


Kim Jin Ah, me, and Jeong Hye Jin


Jang Myung Sun, Kang Bo-gil, Kim Bong-hee


After dinner, we went to a quaint little cafe and enjoyed FREE cake with our kahpi (coffee).


Aren't they adorable?!?!?! I wish you could know these people!!!

Jeong Hye Jin is going on a mission trip to Africa (Tanzania) during Winter Break and she's been practicing her Gospel presentation in English with me. She has such a beautiful heart for the Lord!

Jang Myung Sun makes me laugh all the time! She has the cutest expressions... Her desk is right behind mine, so we get to giggle together often.

Kang Bo-gil, the art teacher at our school is SO dear to my heart! She is a deep thinker and I love having meaningful conversations with her.

I'm still getting to know the other teachers... but really enjoying it.



Did I ever mention that I LOVE my school?!

2 comments:

Jana Alexis said...

I love your love for people. It just amazes me. I was talking to Bryce the other night about how I admire you in that - always have. :) You're pretty wonderful, Holly. Have a marvelous thanksgiving.
Jans

MiuMiu said...

Are those the cakes that you shared? lol they do look tiny indeed