Sunday, August 31, 2008

Detergent, Meal Times, and Church

Total Ditz
So, I'm pretty much the biggest ditz ever! I decided to do some laundry before packing for orientation... and managed to make it to the laundry room just fine, paid for the laundry, started the wash cycle and everything. I then went down to put my clothes in the dryer and realized... I forgot to put detergent in!!! Oh dear...

Adventures in Korean Cuisine
Anyway, today I was a little more adventurous with food. At lunch, I tried octopus, quail eggs, ginger leaves... and some other stuff that I can't exactly remember. Hil took us to a restaurant with tons of side dishes before church:


Although I didn't try every single dish that you see pictured here, I tried well over half of them, which was a big accomplishment for me. :)

Dinner was super-spicy, but I managed okay - although I had to make a special request for my own little bowl of rice. Otherwise I would have been in big trouble! I'm TRYING!


Like the bibs they gave us? It really would have been good if they wouldn't have added all the extra spicy stuff... it was almost like a pizza. I go through so much water at mealtime! Oh well, at least I'm getting my daily quota in... :)

Young Nak Presbyterian Church
Sara and I went to church with Hil - Young Nak Presbyterian Church. The service began at 3 p.m. I really appreciated the Scripture reading (Psalm 105:1-6, 45) and teaching (Philippians 2:1-11). We also sang a worship song called Arms of Love, which was especially meaningful:

I sing a simple song of love
To my Savior, to my Jesus.
I'm thankful for the things You've done,
My loving Savior, my precious Jesus.

My heart is glad that You've called me Your own.
Cause there's no place I'd rather be than
Then in your:

In Your arms of love,
In Your arms of love.
Holding me still, holding me near,
In Your arms of love.

Next week we'll be visiting Bok ja's church/Navigators fellowship, which I'm really looking forward to as well.

1 comment:

Nora said...

Mmmmm, yummy looking food. I'm assuming the stuff in the dish to the bottom left of the picture is the octopus? Anyway, it all looks more appetizing than the DC! Do they have some pasteurized milk there that you can drink with meals? That'll cut down on the burn of the spicy foods. I'll be praying that you get used to the spicyness quickly so you can enjoy the cuisine!

That's a good song... :)