Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'll Fight For You Anyday!

It was Thursday. The shoes that I bought a month ago at the subway station were definitely falling apart. Alice had promised to go with me to the little shop where I bought them to ask for a refund/new shoes.

The shoes were starting to get holes in the toes. The saleswoman insisted that it was my fault the holes were there... that I purposely put them there. This made Alice really upset. She insisted that was not the case. Other people passing by got involved. Before I knew it, I was witnessing a HEATED debate (in Korean of course) and Alice did not seem very happy - neither did the saleslady. After what felt like at least 10 minutes, Alice turned to me and asked if I wanted a refund or an exchange. I told her a refund would be fine. The woman scowled when she handed me back my change.

Before we were able to debrief too much, Alice had to hurry off to an appointment, only saying that from now on, when I need to buy something, I should ask her for her help. When I asked her if she was okay (she seemed somewhat shaken), she replied, "Yes, I'm fine. I was angry when that woman said that you would purposely destroy your shoes because I know you wouldn't do that. But don't worry Holly, I will fight for you anyday!" Then she was off.

I was left feeling really loved and cared for.

I'll fight for you anyday.

No comments: