Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mid-Week Update

So, this week is progressively getting better and better.

Monday was a rough day (another one of those teary-eyed days)... had some conflicts to work through with one of my co-teachers. But I think we're both on the same page finally... and I think things will go much smoother in the classroom! She's working on being more involved/attentive/helpful in the classroom and I'm working on being less of a pushover with the students. *BALANCE*

Tuesday morning when I arrived at school, there was a bunch of coffee (and disposable cups) on my desk with a note that read, "Holly, enjoy coffee and my heart. -Mrs. Moon" I love her!!! She is such a cheerful giver. I think I could probably dedicate an entire blog post to her... and maybe I will sometime. This morning, she left a big bag of tootsie pops on my desk to use as rewards in the classroom because she knew I was running low on the Dum-Dum suckers she gave me two weeks ago. Oh, and did I mention that she brings breakfast for us every morning (except Mondays) to our before-school prayer/devotion time? Oh, and she always eats breakfast before that with her family... so she just feeds us and hurries out of the room to do her teacher-stuff. So incredibly generous and thoughtful...

Thanks so much to those of you that were praying for the after-school English Bible Study (on the book of John) with my Cheongryang teachers. Although I had been feeling kind of nervous/anxious about it all, when I woke up Tuesday morning, I had an overwhelming peace. We had eight teachers come and I was so encouraged, especially since everyone was really busy with turning in mid-term grades during that time. It was especially exciting to have them participate in the discussion - I had been slightly concerned that I would have trouble getting them to speak, since many Koreans (though not all) seem to be naturally shy about speaking out. As the Lord continues to remind me, this is HIS study... not my study!

Tuesday evening, Hil and I met up for our weekly Bible study (on the book of John - the theme book of this year for me). We got to know a girl named Cassi, who is brand-new to Korea (even newer than me!). Since she's never had galbi (meat cooked over the fire at your table) before, we spontaneously splurged a bit (it's more expensive) and enjoyed her first galbi experience with her. It was sweet. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

Tonight, after chatting with my lovely mother for a little bit, I got to see the beautiful and amazing Miss Sara Nelson! The original idea was to meet up for coffee/ice cream... but we picked a new subway stop (to us) and couldn't find either (rare for Seoul). So, we ended up just hanging out in the subway and had some quality conversations. So thankful for that girl!

On my way home, I saw Mr. Chung (my fruit man) and he stopped me to give me an apple. Of course, he had me wait for him to find the most "beautiful" apple and then shined it for me before giving me a "present-uh." I'm still smiling. Those little blessings are SO meaningful to me!

So many more little things I could write about... totally feel like the Lord has been reminding me of His incredible love in such tangible ways lately (again)! He's so faithful and abundantly gracious.... Time for me to sign off...

Be blessed today!

2 comments:

Jana Alexis said...

Beautiful, Holly. So glad to hear that the John study went well. How did you end up doing it? So sorry I never sent you those study sheets . . . totally slipped my mind. Would you still like them?

Anonymous said...

it all sounds amazing! i'm so glad that you're finding reasons to praise Him! : )