Thursday, October 9, 2008

Seoul Grand Park

Today I visited Seoul Grand Park with the Cheongryang Middle School students. It was a fabulous day! I hung out with the teachers for the most part... and took lots of pictures. :)


Did I ever mention that I LOVE living in a city where I can see mountains incredibly frequently?


Entrance to Seoul Grand Park (It's basically a zoo... and amusement park... and art gallery).


My Facebook friend... I think I may have mentioned him a few weeks ago. He totally makes me smile.


Picture with a few of the teachers... (Alice is in the middle... and Kim Kyung Hwa is on the opposite end of me - I teach with both of them).



Mrs. Moon (bright pink) & Kim Yeong Chae/Anna. Mrs. Moon reminds me so much of my mom... she's always taking care of everyone and making sure people are well fed. She brings breakfast every morning to our before school prayer time. And Anna/Kim Yeong Chae is my main "co-teacher." That basically means that she's the first teacher I met when I got here and she's the one that takes care of all of the official stuff... and is also like another mother to me (I seem to have lots of them here - though they're all great, they definitely can't replace my wonderful mother!). Anna's been really encouraging to me... I'll have to give more details about her at another time.


Apparently, the giraffe on the right needed to give it's neck a rest! We had such a great time observing the uniqueness of the animals. What an amazing Creator we have... It's neat to think that just enjoying and admiring His creation brings glory and honor to Him.


Alice, Kim Yeong Chae, and I all agreed that seeing the baby tigers was our favorite part of the zoo. The tigers were SOOO energetic and played really rough with each other. Not too different from our students...


On the bus...


Alice and I being silly... trying to mimick the statues.


Breathtaking... aren't those mountains GORGEOUS?!!!



One of my favorite things!!! Walking along roads with trees arching over the top, like a canopy. Alice and I went on a short walk and had a grand time together.... great conversations! So delightful!

Time for bed. I've got another field trip tomorrow! :)
And the PASSION SEOUL CONFERENCE tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nora said...

Nice pics! I hope you have a wonderful time at the Passion Conference! Sounds really cool! :)

Jana Alexis said...

Holly!!!
I just love reading your blogs. Thanks for the pictures. I hope this weekend is wonderful - stay focused on Jesus and just be your wonderful self. :)
Love you.
Jana Alexis