So I've been slacking on the blogging this week - my apologies! I guess it's just been a little crazy and I've been super-tired this week (more than usual). And... I'm going to be going to bed soon, but decided to just share a few highlights of the week for now:
- Received a sweet reminder Tuesday morning of the hymn Jesus I am Resting, Resting... good timing and good reminder! It's amazing how easily and quickly I forget...
- Reminded of how much I need God's grace... and how much it's NOT about me...
- Been reading Corrie Ten Boom's biography, The Hiding Place. It's definitely a gripping story and I've found myself lost in it several times (I love getting lost in books!). In fact, on my way home one night, I missed my subway stop because I was so engrossed in my reading... and didn't even realize I missed it until four stops later! I have lots to process from reading about Corrie's life experience... so challenging to my heart!
- God is really working through the Tuesday afternoon Bible study. I'm particularly excited about the art teacher that started coming this week. It's cool to see how God is working. Keep praying!
- Continued to celebrate my birthday throughout the week with some incredibly thoughtful packages...
- Alice and I got to play Santa Claus this week with American microwave popcorn. I brought some to school (from one of my lovely packages) and decided to have some during one of my prep breaks. Of course, it's impossible to make popcorn in an office and NOT share (that would be pure torture to everyone else, plus it was refreshing to finally be the one giving rather than receiving). So... we went around and gave some to the other teachers in the office... it was so much fun. Alice and I had a ball!
- New food items tasted this week: fish eggs (didn't realize they were fish eggs until after the fact...), Korean-style cinnamon cakes that I LOVE, acorn jelly, samgyupsal (really tasty pork... basically really thick bacon full of fat and totally unhealthy and completely delicious), fish gelatin, warm tofu jelly-like substance, gunban (I think... delicious roasted chestnuts that warm your whole body when you eat them)... that's all I can remember for now.
More to come later [a preview/reminder for me to write about next time]:
- Alice "fought for me" in the subway station... I'll explain more about that later...
- Celebrated Sports Day at school on Friday and didn't have to teach the whole day. I'll post pics later.
- Had a lovely day trip with Bok ja and some new friends to Suwon today and visited a Korean Folk Village. More to come later (with pics of course)...
The only way is by allowing not a bit of the old life to be left, but only simple perfect trust in God, such trust that we no longer want God's blessings, but only want Himself.
- Oswald Chambers
No comments:
Post a Comment