Sunday, October 12, 2008

Suwon Trip - Hwasseong Palace & Archery Practice

After my lovely field trip on Thursday, I got to take another field trip on Friday. All of the new Native English Teachers from my school district went together. Our district supervisor took us to Suwon (about 1 1/2 hrs. away). We visited the Hwasseong Palace, took a trolley ride up a mountain, and got to practice archery. I enjoyed exchanging stories with the other teachers.

Hwasseong Palace in Suwon


Items NOT for sale... so we were told.






Chinese characters!!!


We kind of got a behind-the-scenes tour. These guys were all dressed up and getting ready to rehearse for some performance for later in the evening.





Target practice


Me attempting archery (too bad I didn't get a pic from the opposite angle... oh well!)

The first arrow that I tried to shoot fell about three feet in front of me and the string from the bow snapped at my hand pretty hard... yeah, archery isn't my sport. I enjoyed it, but definitely not talented with it!

It was a good time...

1 comment:

Nora said...

I didn't realize that ADT supplied global security services... (sorry, eye for detail?)

So cool that you got to try archery! I have done archery before in my back yard. I had quite a few times where the arrow didn't even escape the bow before it fell!