I think I promised to give a more thorough update about Onnuri English Ministry (OEM), the church that Sara and I have decided to attend. Thank you so much to those of you that have bene praying for us to find a church "home!" Several of the teachers at my school recommended that I visit OEM (http://www.onnurienglish.org). One of the teachers even connected me with her sister so that I could visit with her.
There are several things I appreciate about OEM (focus on God's GLORY, presence of the Holy Spirit, missions priority, emphasis on small groups, solid & exegetical teaching, etc.). The English service that we attend is a reasonable attendance size - about 200ish, but OEM is a pretty huge church (the Korean membership is 60,000+). I wasn't really looking to join a megachurch, but Sara and I really believe this is where God has led us. There's no doubt about it... He is working here!
This past Sunday, I particularly appreciated the sermon. Pastor Eddie is beginning a seven-part series on the Marks of a Healthy Church. This Sunday's message was about Our Life Purpose. The stuff he preached on is the stuff that makes my heart beat:
1) I am created to KNOW God (Mt. 28:19-20, II Peter 1:2, Mt. 7:20-23)
2) I am created to GROW Closer to God (Mt. 28:19-20)
3) I am created to SOW THE GIFTS of God (Mt. 22:39, Ro. 12:6)
4) I am created to SHOW [share] THE GRACE of God (Mt. 28:18-19)
5) I am created to DO ALL FOR THE GLORY of God (I Cor. 10:31, Is. 43:7, Mt. 22:37, Ps. 29:2 to name a few...)
Truly, there is no greater joy than knowing Christ and making Him known... all for His glory!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment