I wanted the lesson on Christmas to be especially meaningful... and God really put His blessing upon my teaching and students last week. As I taught the students about the Christmas story, I was reminded of my dear friends in China... and stories they shared with me about lessons learned from their English teachers. It's such a sweet opportunity...


A valuable tool for classroom management. I gave each group of students a laminated Christmas tree and told them that they would be decorating their Christmas tree with ornaments throughout the class. Whichever group had the most ornaments at the end of class would receive candy canes (which they were super-excited about). So, the students earned ornaments by listening quietly, answering questions, singing the song together, etc. I was shocked by how motivating this was for the students! Lots of fun too...

Here, the students had to put the lyrics of Away in a Manger in the correct order. It was difficult for them to complete the activity since the song was so new to them. So, I played portions of the song while they worked. The group that finished first received four extra ornaments. I had nearly 100% participation in most of my classes... so refreshing and encouraging! It was one of those weeks that reminded me that I DO enjoy being a teacher!

Their diligent work made my teacher heart so happy.
An extra special time with our Advanced Students...
Kyunghan (one of my dear co-teachers) brought in her violin and played Away in a Manger for us. It was such a sweet time.
Then, we had a little Christmas party with our advanced students. They brought in Korean food and shared presentations, describing the food in English. Both Kyunghan and I were so proud!
An excellent student with an excellent presentation!
steamed buns...
kimbop
another great presentation...
I forget what this is called... but the girls actually made this in class (ingredients: tuna, chili paste, etc.). Yes, I tasted it... and tuna isn't half bad.
Lisa, one of my dear after-school students. She is graduating this semester and I'm really going to miss her. She's such a sweetheart!
delicious fried sweet potatoes
I forget what these are called... but they're really delicious.
Definitely a great week at school. I'm so thankful for the power of prayer...
To God be the glory!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment