Sunday, December 28, 2008

Preparing for Winter Vacation...

Winter vacation is here. The schools here are on break until the first week of February. Then the students come back to school for one week - the third graders graduate and the semester officially ends. Then everyone is off again for the rest of February and the new school year resumes March 2nd. The school building is quiet. I am still required to go to school... and will be teaching during January (providing enough students sign up for my class).

Concerning winter vacation, my feelings are a bit bittersweet. Lots of changes. Students are gone. Most teachers are gone. Friday (the day after Christmas) was a long day - several teachers were still at school finishing up paperwork from the semester. But I'm realizing I certainly would not make it sitting at a desk 8 hrs. a day every day for the rest of my life. I get so restless and fidgety!!!

My friends are beginning their travels to visit home (fortunately, they are not all leaving me at once, but spaced it out so that only one of them will be gone at a time... though it was not intentional, I appreciate it!).

I'm thankful for the change of pace and ready for a little bit of a break from my regular teaching schedule. But I'm really going to miss all of my teachers and students... and our English Bible study! However, last week was a really sweet week - spreading Christmas cheer, saying goodbyes to teachers, reflecting on my first full semester at Cheongryang, seeing answers to prayer...

God has done great things this semester... and we'll just keep trusting Him for greater things yet to come...

1 comment:

ash said...

hey, good to hear that things are going ok. have you been able to use any of the things i sent you? do you want more?