Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!!

Christmastime is here... and it's starting to show! The big shopping centers in my neighborhood are decked out with bright lights. The Co-op (my building) has lighted garlands in the front of the building and inside the lobby. I have even got my own little corner of my room decorated for Christmas:


You may take special note of the nativity set that my Aunt Rose sent me... along with goodies to make sugar cookies (compliments of my dear Aunt Rosalyn)... and my 2,000 won humble little Christmas tree. I'm quite happy with my little Christmas corner. =)

Saturday afternoon, we had the opportunity to volunteer at Dongbu Senior Care Center (basically, a really nice nursing home). Sara joined our small group, which was marvelous! It was certainly challenging to communicate, particularly since most of the seniors knew no English - and I know very little Korean! Definitely a stretching experience, but good, nonetheless. Afterward, we went out for dinner, followed by a lovely Tree Decorating party at Janis'!


Zane, Janis, me, and Sara - We were pretty excited to start decorating! (Janis found this tree stuck under her bed when she arrived in Seoul). It was great fun to decorate!!!


Working on tying the strings to the bulbs... which proved to be quite a challenging task. Pictured here: Sara's head, Kate, Vince (our small group leader), Daniel, Zane, Janis, and our lovely Christmas tree.


Our finished product - which we were quite proud of.

After decorating the tree, we all sat and enjoyed some lovely "Yuletide Moments," as Mr. Kistler (my physics teacher from high school) would have called them. It was a nice time of sharing... I was especially excited because I got to tell stories from China!!!

At the conclusion of our decorating festivities, Janis came home with me to spend the night because her hot water was out. Although we were kind of tired, it was a nice time to spend getting to know each other more. I'm so thankful for her friendship! =) We made pancakes together Sunday morning before she hurried back home to finish getting ready before church.


On Sunday evening after dinner at one of the malls in Yongsan. We couldn't keep from singing, Walking in a winter wonderland! We had REAL snow... it was big and beautiful... and definitely made us giddy! Oh how marvelous!

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

2 comments:

katie said...

I forgot about "yuletide moments" with Kistler! He was pretty silly.

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like your background colors on your Blog