Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Night Lights

Normally, you're supposed to enjoy Christmas lights before Christmas. But this time, I didn't get to make it to the Cheunggyecheun Lights Festival until after Christmas. It was still enjoyable!

Had a nice time with Sara & Janis over the weekend... I'm SO thankful for these girls!

dinner at my place...


enjoying the city all lit up for Christmas


If you look carefully, you can see the infamous cone in the middle of this picture. It is right next to the Cheunggyecheun (small river in the city). There were screens of lights all around it that kept lighting up with different messages and pictures. I had to take numerous pictures to finally get one with both the lights and cone visible.


Overlooking the Cheunggyecheun. It was all decked out with snowflakes! =)


a closer view








They actually do offer horse-drawn carriage rides here! Nice, nice...




People wrote their wishes for 2009 on ornaments to decorate the tree. I didn't realize it was a wishing tree until after I wrote on my ornament a Merry Christmas message... oops!


Some of the ornaments/messages up close!


Janis and Sara admiring the cafe that I went to with Alice earlier this fall. Unfortunately, the cafe was closed when we went to visit. I was excited to be able to find it though!


Couldn't resist a picture with this sign... at HOLLYS COFFEE of course!

No comments: