Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

The best month of the year is here and I'm ready to fully enjoy it! Fall is in full swing. The weather has changed significantly and I'm enjoying light jacket weather. Apples are in season and absolutely delicious (brings sweet memories of apple picking to mind). I ate an apple tonight (compliments of Mr. Chung) and lit my apple cinnamon candle followed by my pumpkin spice candle in honor of autumn. So delightful.

Loving my school... and my teachers. The students have been better behaved this week.

This morning, I was reminded of God's incredible GRACE, which I am so undeserving of! I am so thankful for the power of the cross... so unworthy of His unconditional love... and so in need of it! Bok ja gave me a belated welcoming gift on Saturday - a 30-day Max Lucado journal titled, It's Not about Me. What a timely reminder! Tonight, I had some extra time to just reflect on this journey thus far - the preparation stage, arrival, and getting settled in. Once again, I'm overwhelmed with all He's done. I don't ever want to lose that awe... praise the Lord for reminding me that this is all about HIM and HIS GLORY!

Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
-John 15:4

2 comments:

ash said...

I love fall too. Isn't it amazing how God show up in the smallest thing-apples? Have a wonderful day!

katie said...

Your birthday is coming up soon . . . October is a good month to be born.