Sunday, September 7, 2008

Another Random Update

Lots to write about, but my thoughts are somewhat scattered and I need to finish preparing for going to school tomorrow.

I'm excited about teaching.
I miss my family and home.
I really want to find a church home soon... but I don't want to be hasty either. Visited an awesome church today with Bok ja, but the main service was in Korean, which was somewhat problematic for comprehension, unfortunately.
I'm thankful for Skype.
I'm thankful to be back in my own apartment. I'm excited to spend more time with another English teacher from orientation that loves Jesus and lives here.
It's nice to get back to creating some type of "normalcy" - whatever that means.
Still trying to adapt to the food.
Need to learn to read Korean.
Need to start utilizing the fitness center in the basement of my apt. complex.
I'm thankful for the internet.
I want to make a budget soon... but I'm still trying to figure out what my living expenses will be.
I miss China and bamboo (as opposed to metal) chopsticks.
I am so thankful for Hil and the sweet time we had together last night.
I'm thankful for Skype.
I need to not frequent my favorite Italian coffee shop so much.
I want to watch a movie in English.
I don't like "gray" areas when it comes to decision-making.
I'm never ever going to even attempt to go grocery stopping at a major store on a weekend again. It's like Christmas shopping the Day after Thanksgiving - chaotic and draining!
I feel more homesick when people talk in Korean when I'm trying to participate in the conversation (i.e. listening at church, Korean English teacher's meeting, less formal settings when I'm with Korean friends/teachers).
I like Bok ja and her family so much.
I am tired of/don't like making decisions sometimes.
Tomorrow I get to be a real teacher.
I love Jesus and am so thankful for life in Him. There truly is no greater joy than knowing Him and making Him known!
Good night.

1 comment:

Nora said...

Praying for you, my friend.

Love you.