Highlights of today:
- Taught my Olympics lesson plan... and realized that I was definitely over-prepared (which is better than under-prepared, I think)! Had to do some quick thinking on my feet with the lower level classes... and when the computers weren't working, but it all worked out and the teachers seemed pleased. Some of those middle school students sure are rowdy though! Whoever said Korean students are perfectly behaved in class should just come visit a middle school before the bell rings (and even after the bell rings)... and they will get a little taste of chaotic madness!
- Kang Meesuk has been so SWEET to me! She is the dear teacher who brought all of those dishes to my apartment a week or two ago. She has been so generous and thoughtful. Yesterday she wanted to be sure to let me know that those supplies were from God... so I should be sure to thank Him. I informed her that I have been thanking Him... and totally appreciate that she was willing to play a big role in being a blessing to me. Today we had several more opportunities to talk. She is a Catholic woman that loves the Lord whole-heartedly. She has also been incredibly hospitable toward me. I think she's taking me grocery shopping on Thursday afternoon. Earlier today she was looking up the cheapest prices online for the last few things I still need for my apartment. So thoughtful!
- After school, I applied for my Alien Registration Card with Anna (Kim Young Chae), my main co-teacher. We waited at the immigration office for only about one hour (which is surprising since we forgot to make an appt. ahead of time). Things went pretty well - we had a nice time chatting. Afterward, she took me to Kyobo Bookstore (one of the two largest bookstores in Seoul). We looked at a few curriculum books and then were about to part ways, but decided to have dinner together inside the bookstore (it's a BIG bookstore). It was our first meal together outside of school and we had some really great conversation time (and the food was GOOD). I feel like we were able to get to know each other a lot better, which was really nice. It was so enjoyable. Afterward, I explored the bookstore a little more and did some window-shopping. It was fun.
- Now I'm back in my apartment and just about ready to go get my laundry. This time I remembered to add soap at the beginning. :) I also wore more comfortable shoes today, Grandma. ;)
Good night friends!
2 comments:
For some reason, I thought South Korean students were very respectfull of their teachers, eager to learn, & well behaved in the classroom.
Grandpa
Hi Holly,
I just got caught up with your blog. Oh my....God has you on an adventure of a life time. I pray that you continue to see His hand in all you do....and learn.
May the Lord bless and protect you!
Michelle (Bethel's CISC)
Post a Comment