
At the beginning of our adventure... unaware of what exactly we were getting ourselves into. You can see our mountain, Dobongsan in the background.
(Me, Kenneth, Josie, Sarah, & Sara... Taryn is behind the camera)

Trekking up Dobongsan...

Break #1 (of MANY!)

When I saw this picture that Taryn took, I couldn't help but think of the amazing Creator we have! "For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hands are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him." -Psalm 95:3-4

Another break... the man standing up wearing the white shirt is named David. He was a kind Korean that decided to hike up the mountain with us, practicing his English, taking pictures for us, timing our breaks, motivating us to keep moving, and giving us lots of encouragement. He was very sweet.

A small glimpse of what we found ourselves up against...

We were all pretty pleased with our group picture at this particular break...

Beautiful!

Kind of looks like we're flying... we should have put our arms in the air!

Made it to the top!

Seoul

Breathtaking, huh? It's so encouraging to know that the God who put these mountains into place is the God who loves me and allows me to experience the joy of knowing Him each day!
I definitely had a great time. I enjoyed our numerous breaks, being able to relate with each other as English teachers in Korea, laughing about random things, eating chocolate, and being amazed by the beauty of God's incredible creation. It was incredibly exhausting though! We had planned to have pancakes at Josie's afterward. I was so tired after Dobangsan, I decided to go back to my apt. and rest up. It was a good thing I did... Sunday morning I woke up with a bad headache and sore throat. Little bit of a cold...
2 comments:
Lovely pictures!
Praying that you get over that cold soon! I've been battling one myself lately, as have a lot of other people around here. I didn't think the Bethel Bubble reached that far! ;) (ok, so maybe my joke isn't that funny...)
Remember, He is our great Physician! :)
Hello Holly,
Those pictures are amazing! The one did look like you were flying! I'm so glad to here that you had a great weekend. The way the mountain had been formed is an amazing sight. I hope you don't have the flu!? Well, if you do, the best thing to clear it up is spicy foods and we all know you have plenty of it there! It's crazy how He works! You can't stand spicy foods but it's such a benefit now! Let me know if it works and when you get better! I will mail you some Halls! Well, I have to get back to work. I am working in the basement rearranging file boxes! There's so many of them!
Cassie
Post a Comment