Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Refreshing Weekend

Refreshed. I think that's the best word to use to describe this weekend.

Friday night
Good times with Sara, Josie, & Taryn (even though our classical concert plans didn't work out). Tom & Tom's is a great place with great hot chocolate and great pretzels... and it's even better when you can share it with fun people.

Saturday
Got to skype with my lovely familia... attempted to run... good times.

Met up with Bok ja for lunch and some discipleship time. I'm excited to learn from her and grow together with her in the Lord. Very encouraging to my heart.

In the evening, I met up with Hannah Cramer's friends from Word of Life, David & Tae. I had SUCH a great time with them!!!! They speak English really well, so it was easy to communicate and such a great evening! Tae and I met up earlier and saw a Korean-Japanese festival, then had shabu shabu at nearby restaurant. David came to join us, which was really good since we had SO MUCH food! Afterwards, we grabbed some hot chocolate and took a walk down a really pretty part of Seoul and had some great conversations about the Lord and missions and comparing Christianity in the U.S. to Korea. Definitely interesting! I'm looking forward to hanging out much more with David & Tae... it was so much fun! I think we're going to plan on going to the Passion Conference when it comes to Seoul in a couple of weeks (David Crowder, Chris Tomlin, Louie Giglio, and other amazing people that love Jesus!).

Sunday
Made a decision about a church!!!! Sara and I are going to be attending Onnuri Church. I'll be updating more about that in the future. God is really working there and I'm excited to join in fellowship with the body of believers.

I also got to practice hospitality today!!! I made lunch for Sara and dinner for Brianne, one of the girls that lives in my building. It was so much fun to put my new dishes to use... and to share a meal... and to feel domestic (like my dear mother)... and to eat Italian food and veggie omelettes! Great fellowship too - over coffee and tea... how lovely.

Sara and I worked on our budgets too... we got paid for the first time on Wednesday, which was exciting! So, I think we're going to be trying Mr. Dave Ramsey's envelope budgeting system... we'll see how it goes!

This weekend was much-needed. I can't imagine my life without Jesus... there is such JOY in knowing Him!!!

~Holls

P.S. I'm missing you all (especially my dear family) a lot, but resting in the fact that I can trust the Lord to care for and love you much better than I can... and praying for you! Much love!!!!!

1 comment:

katie said...

It's so refreshing to find a steady church in a new place, isn't it?

I'm glad to hear that things are going well. Thanks for updating your blog so regularly :-)