Sometimes we have to learn things the hard way. Today I learned to make sure that I am wearing comfortable, broken-in shoes and socks... especially when in transit. After I finished my last class today, I left the school and started to head back to my apartment, and then realized that I didn't really know how to get back. You see, every time that I've left school, I've been with my co-teacher (Young Chae/Anna) and we normally go run errands. Today as I was leaving, I realized I didn't know how to get to the nearest subway stop... and the bus system is still a massive wave of intimidation for me. But being the "independent" person that I think I am, I decided it would not be too much trouble. Surely if I walked in one direction long enough, I'd come across a subway station... About a half hour later, I arrived at Cheongnyangni Subway Station. (It might not have taken me so long to walk if my feet had not been in such pain from the uncomfortable apparel). It was a painful trip. I made it back safely, but walked slower than a snail probably. Next time, I think I'll ask for directions... and make sure that my shoes are broken in before embarking on such ridiculous ventures.
In other news, my first day as a teacher went well. I finished meeting the last of my new students and was busy working the entire day (kind of refreshing)! The co-teachers seemed to like my Olympics lesson plan... and my after-school class went well. Sometimes I forget that I used to dream of being a teacher. Today, as I was walking to one of my classes, I had a flashback. I used to "play school" with Zac all the time... and of course, insisted on being the teacher! Now, I get to be the teacher... living my dreams, I guess. I just never figured they would be in a foreign country halfway across the world! (I know, I know... I'm super-cheesy... but that's me.) :)
1 comment:
Aside from the uncomfortable shoes, I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you! :-)
Post a Comment