- I am thankful for OVERWHELMING support from people back home... I can hardly put it into words. Yeah, basically I'm speechless (if that is even possible)... Your emails, prayers, and support mean so much to me!
- I am thankful for opportunities to get to know my co-teachers on a deeper level. I LOVE them! Our conversations this week have been so meaningful and it's exciting to be developing friendships with them. I also really see God at work in SO many ways... something I've been praying for specifically. I am looking forward to seeing how He will bring glory to Himself through this time. Thanks for your prayers - keep it up! :)
- I am thankful for such loving and helpful co-teachers. Yesterday several of them found out that I am still looking for a church. Two of them went to work immediately searching online for some English-speaking churches and printed out info for me. One of them told me about her sister's church and had her sister call me within an hour after school was finished to invite me to come with her on Sunday! So encouraged... I'm really excited to visit. I can't wait to get plugged in with a church family! The search for a church also brought about some neat conversations yesterday.
- I am thankful that God is allowing me to be a teacher! I am really loving it! There are definitely challenges already, but it seems like such a good fit. It's so neat to see how God has prepared me for this time... and encouraging to think about how He is using this time to prepare me for whatever He has in store down the road. I've really enjoyed my lesson plans this week and have gotten some positive feedback, which has also been really encouraging.
- I am thankful that God provided a toaster and hot water pitcher for me through my school this week. They are so thoughtful.
- I am thankful that God provided extra virgin olive oil for me. Today when I arrived at school, there was a bottle of extra virgin olive oil sitting in a bag on my desk. The principal gave each teacher a bottle for Chuseok. Want to know the best part about it? Olive oil was totally on my grocery list... and I nearly scratched it off the list yesterday because it's so expensive. He truly KNOWS our needs... even the small, miniscule ones!
- I am thankful that God provided a coffee pot for me today through my dear friend Kang Meesuk! (Something I've really been missing... )
- I am thankful that God provided GROCERIES for me today through Kang Meesuk's sister! So overwhelmed... bagels, cream cheese, American cheese, Campbell's chicken noodle soup, Campbell's tomato paste, creamer for my coffee... all from au bon pain. Maybe I'll actually get to start using my little kitchenette!
- I am thankful that God provided even more kitchen stuff for me - a set of clear glasses and beautiful mugs from one of the 9th grade gym teachers (I've never even met her before)! People are so incredibly generous...
- I am thankful that God provided more hangers for me from my vice principal. Exactly waht I needed... once again!
- I am thankful for an incredibly encouraging Bible study last night with Hil. We studied I Peter 1:1-7. Good stuff! Her friendship is such a blessing to me!
- I am thankful that God provided a western style dinner for Sara and me tonight - real pizza followed by ice cream from Baskin Robbins! So sweet and refreshing - the food and the fellowship! We prayed for a nice Western place to eat that wasn't too pricey... and God provided, once again.
- The list could certainly go on... but it's way past my bedtime (I'm thankful for sleep too)...
This is blog post #100... and it just so happens that the 100th Psalm is a Psalm of Thanksgiving (how appropriate):
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness endures through all generations.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
4 comments:
Holly, God sure is God! I'm glad you are having these experiences.
Holly. I made a typo on my first comment. I know God is God but I meant God is good.
You are so much better at updating your blog than I am. That's so nice that your school got you food! I'm a little jealous.
hey Holly! good to hear you're doing well! hand in there! :)
Post a Comment